QEH&S POLICY STATEMENT
The nature of Technology Conservation Group’s operations has a positive impact on the environment through the proper management of used and end-of-life electronic equipment and the conservation of metals, plastic and other non-renewable resources.
Consistent with these core operations, it is Technology Conservation Group’s overall goal to accomplish its business objectives while striving for an injury-free workplace, eliminating pollution, and providing quality products and services to our customers.
TCG is committed to:
- Developing and maintaining quality, environmental, health & safety and security programs that conform to the best practices within the IT asset disposition and electronics recycling industry;
- Complying with all relevant environmental, health & safety laws and regulations, including federal, state, local and other requirements;
- Complying with all relevant regulations of the countries importing equipment, components, or materials containing Focus Materials that have passed through our facility or control;
- Complying with customer and product requirements and industry guidelines, including the Responsible Recycling (R2) practices;
- Managing used and end-of-life electronics equipment, components and materials based on a hierarchy of first, reuse/refurbish; second, materials recovery; and finally, energy recovery/disposal;
- Managing the R2 focus materials that pass through our facility or control in a manner protective of worker health and safety, public health and the environment;
- Preventing workplace injuries by providing a safe environment for employees, contractors, visitors, volunteer workers, temporary workers and anyone else performing activities under our direction;
- Investigating any workplace accidents, illnesses and near-misses, and promptly correct any unsafe condition or practice,
- Promoting pollution prevention in all of our operations, including the elimination of electronics waste from landfills;
- Working with our entire recycling chain including downstream vendors, suppliers, customers and contractors to fulfill our environmental, health & safety goals; and
- Continually improve our quality, environmental, and health & safety programs and resulting performance.
We recognize that the responsibilities for quality, environment, health & safety and security are shared, requiring cooperation, not only between employees and their supervisors, but among and between all those who assume the various roles within the company. Technology Conservation Group, Inc. will continually improve its QEH&S system and performance. This will include the setting of QEH&S goals, taking into consideration our QEH&S footprint and our business, financial, operational and legal requirements as well as the views of interested parties.
*Owner signatures on file and posted copy